Welcome to WASA 2024
In the modern automotive landscape, the integration of software and electronics has catalyzed innovations that enhance safety, security, driver experience, and vehicular automation. As the horizon of innovation expands, encompassing developments like self-adaptive algorithms and sophisticated driving automation, the quest for fully autonomous vehicles intensifies. This surge in software dependency has precipitated a paradigmatic shift, necessitating automotive companies to harness architectural and model-based development techniques. While model-based tools and methodologies are gaining traction as standard languages and tools for crafting automotive control software, broader system and software architecture methodologies remain less universally embraced. A notable exception is the AUTOSAR standard, which delineates the lexicon for designing and configuring automotive software architectures and demarcates principal architectural constituents of automotive systems.
This workshop is dedicated to confronting challenges associated with refining and standardizing automotive system/software architecture and engineering techniques for broader industry acceptance. In alliance with the International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA) - a vanguard in the software architecture realm – the Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture (WASA) seeks to amalgamate insights from both researchers and practitioners. We aspire that this confluence will not only spotlight novel research trajectories, challenges, and roadmaps but also foster enduring partnerships bridging academia and industry well beyond the workshop’s conclusion.
Call for Papers
The program committee of the 10th WASA edition seeks submissions of original and unpublished high-quality papers describing fundamental and applied research, new methods, approaches, and processes, novel applications, approaches for education and training in automotive system/software architecture, and experience reports on all topics related to software architecture including, but not limited to:
- Automotive system/software architecture
- architecture description languages
- hardware/software co-design
- design patterns
- communication infrastructure
- centralized/zonal architectures
- influence of AI on architecture
- security, Over-the-air updates
- service-oriented architectures
- Automotive software & systems engineering:
- software quality, safety, security
- model-based design, component-based design
- CI/CD, agile processes
- software ecosystems
- hybrid & fully electric vehicles
- cooperative and automated driving
- data analytics
- systems engineering
- Assessment, Verification & Validation:
- safety assurance and assessment
- verification & validation techniques
- challenges and solutions for AI-based services
- compliance management of standards or regulations
Types of Submissions
- Full papers (max. 8 pages in IEEE Computer Science proceedings format) presenting novel research ideas, significant empirical studies, successful industrial applications, or important perspectives.
- Industrial papers (max. 6 pages in IEEE Computer Science proceedings format) sharing industrial experience, challenges, research or technical problems, case studies.
- Position or future trend papers (max. 4 pages in IEEE Computer Science proceedings format) raising new ideas, challenges, ongoing research or early research results, and future trends.
Submissions must follow the IEEE Computer Science proceedings format, as workshop proceedings will be published in ICSA 2024 Companion proceedings, and appear in IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Papers need to be submitted electronically via EasyChair.
All dates are AoE.
Paper submission: February 18, 2024
Paper notification: March 17, 2024
Camera-ready workshop papers due: March 31, 2024
Workshop dates: June 4-5, 2024
Stefan Kugele, Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, Germany
Yanja Dajsuren, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Alessio Bucaioni, Mälardalen University, Västerås, Sweden
Program Committee (tentative)
- 9th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, L’Aquila, Italy, 2023
- 8th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, Prague, Czech Republic, 2022
- 7th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, Stuttgart, Germany, 2021
- 6th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, L’Aquila, Italy, 2020
- 5th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, Hamburg, Germany, 2019
- 4th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architecture, Seattle, USA, 2018
- 3rd International Workshop on Automotive Software Architecture, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2017
- 2nd International Workshop on Automotive Software Architecture, Venice, Italy, 2016
- 1st International Workshop on Automotive Software Architecture, Montréal, Canada, 2015